Janeska Smith Asante, Spirit/Soul Coach & Healer
OUR POWERFUL MINDS…
Our minds are VERY, VERY powerful on many levels (especially the Superconscious level that we seldom use); yet most of the time, none of us are really thinking about that Power (in the process of thinking) which is why we aren’t USING our minds, in the most productive ways, or at least, in ways that actually BENEFIT us.
This article, however, focuses on ‘THINKING OLD’, which too many of us ‘BUY INTO’ when we’re young.
You may claim that you don’t ‘BUY INTO IT’. So, let’s say it this way: “Have you ever heard and/or believed ‘When you turn 40, you’re OVER THE HILL’; or ‘I’m too old to do that’; or ‘I ain’t no spring chicken, you know’; or ‘When you hit 50, bad things just start happening to your body?’
Wellll – boys and girls, this is ALL true when you THINK this way and when you BELIEVE this way. It becomes an ingrained train of thought that loops around and around in your head, like you’re riding on a Ferris Wheel at Disneyland. Taking care of yourself BEFORE things happen, shouldn’t be one of the lowest priorities on your life list; it should be at the TOP of your Life List.
Yet, the most important elements of it all, is ‘How You Think’…’What You Actually Buy Into’, and ‘What Your Family Has Told You’, in a hundred different ways, throughout your lifetime. It’s also about ‘ What You Allow To STICK’, that has a stronghold on your consciousness year after year after year after year, for as long as you can remember.
When you see OLD people who look WAY YOUNGER than their biological age; trust me, they absolutely do NOT think like the masses. That ingrained OLD TALK that mostly everyone is consciously looped on, like a broken record, is NOT part of what they even pay attention to. Due to a different kind of brain activity, what you can envision is that DIFFERENT THINKING leads YOUNG LOOKING AND YOUNGER FEELING PEOPLE to DIFFERENT ACTIONS, that end up leading to DIFFERENT RESULTS. Their examples are examples for us ALL to follow for better health, better states of mind, better bodies, and overall BETTER RESULTS!
Not everybody on either list is 100% guaranteed, however, this is a general overview between the people who THINK YOUNG and the people who THINK OLD.
- PEOPLE WHO THINK YOUNG & WHO THINK HIGHLY OF THEIR BODIES =
- Are more inclined to watch and manage their weight
- To have glowing, beautiful skin
- To eat well or focus their eating habits on lots of healthy foods and drinks
- To WORK out or exercise in someway; walk, dance, run, do fun activities
- They are inclined to balance their habits with little to no alcohol intake
- They are sure to get their SLEEP
- They RELAX often
- They SMILE often
- They’re OPEN to new ideas and new cultures
- They EAT little to no sweets (very minimal)
- They consistently seek SELF IMPROVEMENT
- They SELF EVALUATE themselves and their actions
- They’re open to YOUNG, FRESH MINDS and want to KNOW MORE
- They’re able to hang out with ALL ages, ALL nationalities, ALL kinds of people and feel comfortable, no matter what
- They take ANTI-AGING supplements and does what’s necessary NOT to take medicine, when possible
- They look up ways to LOOK and STAY YOUNG
- They’re FLEXIBLE and willing to make changes; no matter what their age
- They use a great deal of POSITIVE, UPLIFTING communication when talking to themselves and others
B) THINK OLD AGE IS INEVITABLE =
- They don’t care what they eat, as long as it tastes good
- They drink Alcohol WAY MORE than they should
- They think Eating, Sleeping & Watching TV pretty much wraps up life
- They DON’T EMBRACE new ideas and think NEW IDEAS are scary
- They DON’T EMBRACE new cultures and think NEW CULTURES are scary
- They don’t particularly like to TRAVEL, even in their own cities and states
- They believe we can do NOTHING about AGING
- They go to the doctors all the time and they never question anything they say
- They usually take lots of medicine, without questioning what those medicines do, negatively
- They’re skeptical of natural healing therapies; yet refuse to educate themselves about them
- They start ‘ACTING OLD’, even before 50
- They talk about OLD AGE a lot, pointing out ALL the things most people don’t want to hear or talk about
- They use a great deal of negative communication and complaining to others about all the bad issues they focus on daily.
As I mentioned before, these are general overall characteristics between YOUNG & OLD thinkers. And some people may ask “IF I just change my thinking, is that enough?” My answer to that would be “Not quite! Yet, it’s A Heck Of a GREAT START, and when you do, YOUR ACTIONS AND YOUR RESULTS Will Most DefinitelyFollow”.